The Graduate History Student Association (GHSA) is the representative body for the graduate students in the Corcoran Department of History. It organizes social functions and professional development seminars for graduate students and represents their interests with the department’s faculty and administration.
For more information, please contact Brian Neumann.
Deadlines and Forms
For "Annual Graduate Student Self-Report," "Exit Form," "Permission to Take Comprehensive Examination Form," and "Permission to Proceed to the Doctorate Form" please contact Kathleen Miller. All department forms will be housed on the website in the coming months.
For information on GSAS proceedures to submit theses and dissertations, and to apply to graduate (including MA "graduation"), go here.
For precise wordings of any GSAS or University policy that you could possibly think of, consult the Graduate Record.
For information about applying for In-State Privileges, go here.
- American Historical Organization
- AHA Directory of History Departments
- Organization of American Historians
Links to History Grant and Fellowship Sites:
- UVA Grants and Fellowships
- Michigan State Individual Grant Database
- University of Pittsburgh Grant Page
- American Council for Learned Societies
- McNeil Center for Early American Studies
- American Antiquarian Society
- Virginia Foundation for the Humanities
- UCLA Center for Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century Studies
- Newberry Library
- American Philosophical Society
- Council for European Studies-Columbia University
- Presidential Library Grants
- American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies (Most awards require membership in the society)
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellowship
- Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation
- Economic History Association
- Northern Illinois University Grant Database
- Virginia Historical Society
- New York University Grant Page
- UC-Berkeley's Institute for European Studies
- Academic and Professional Programs for the Americas (emphasis on Latin America and Carribean)
- Columbia University Grant Database
- Berkeley Grant Database
- Grants previously offered through the Conference on Latin America History (requires membership in organization)
- East Asia Center
- East Asian Professional Organizations
- Grants in the Humanities
- Middle Eastern and Eastern European History Grant Database
Job Posting Sites
- American Historical Association (requires a user name and password)
- Organization of American Historians Jobs Online
- H-Net Jobs Guide
- aspanet: American Political Science Association Online
- Academic Careers Online
- Chronicle of Higher Ed Jobs Postings
- Academic 360 Links to Academic Jobs