- Maintain online department course catalog; (does not translate to Registrar’s catalog).
- Manage department website
- Manage department social media accounts.
- Manage Sympa email lists and departmental electronic communication.
- Manage the publication/dissemination of the Fall/Spring electronic department newsletter.
- Update donor information online.
- Create digital signage for faculty and students official needs.
- Create marketing publications and graphics for official department events.
- Conduct social media analytics and create social media marketing strategies; present said strategies to Business Administrator and Department Chair; Implement said strategies if approved, adjust if needed.
- Update the AHA directory / The Chronicle of Education.
- Conduct filming, editing, and uploading of lectures when requested/required.
- Provide copywriting/editing services as needed.
- Manage dissemination and receiving of faculty/student surveys for research projects.
- Provide basic technical guidance and support to students and faculty.
, Assistant to the Chair
- Process Purchase Orders.
- Manage Conference room scheduling.
- Track and Enter Milestones into Student Information Systems, (SIS).
- Administratively support both the Undergraduate and Graduate Directors.
- Oversee the distribution of department keys.
- Serve as facilities contact/liaison.
- Assemble/Process Promotion and Tenure Packets.
- Arrange hotel reservations as needed.
- Arrange catering for events as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Department Chair.
- Provide academic program guidance and support to students.
- Monitor/distribute/order office supplies.
- Manage department copiers and printers.
- Disseminate incoming mail.
- Maintain and update the faculty bookcase and bulletin boards.
- Supervision of department student worker(s).
- Collaborate with Financial Coordinator regarding exceptions and milestones.
- Manage tutorial credit tracking.
- Management of department staff.
- Oversee administrative operations for Finance, HR, Student Services, IT, and Facilities.
- Create annual budgets/revised budgets.
- Monitor budgets/cash-flow of all departmental accounts.
- Schedule Labor Distribution / Labor Adjustments.
- Manage the Effort Reporting Process.
- Collaborate with Department Chair.
- Advise faculty and students on financial matters related to department funding.
- Serve as direct report/liaison to A&S Dean’s Office.
- Manage P-Cards.
- Process Reimbursements in Chrome River.
- Track departmental travel funds for faculty.
- Monitor and reconcile faculty accounts.
- Process honoraria and vendor pay.
- Process GTA assignments and hiring duties.
- Input student funding in SAFM.
- Perform course scheduling duties.
- Enter course exceptions into Student Information Systems, (SIS).
- Instruct students and faculty on timekeeping process/policies.
- Submit manual timesheets to HR.
- Provide Dashboard/funding guidance and support to students.
- Run enrollment reports each semester.
- Run academic requirements report at the beginning and end of each semester. Follow up with students/professors regarding any exceptions needed based on report.
- Collaborate with Administrative Coordinator regarding exceptions and milestones.